- Toddler in Chief survived his third heart surgery and long hospitalization.
- Our incredible families provided us with tremendous support through it all.
- I did not go into pre-term labor after I fell down the stairs when I was eight months pregnant.
- I gave birth to a healthy and fabulous baby boy.
- Father in Chief's company was bought by Google and he is happy at his new job.
- I visited my fabulous friend in Atlanta.
- I visited Grammy & Wayne, Grandma, Grandpa and others in Western New York.
- The worst thing Grammy & Wayne lost during a devastating, freak October snowstorm was an apple tree.
- I stopped hating my sister in law.
- My brother and mom who have been estranged for nearly a decade are starting to mend their relationship.
- Father in Chief did not break any bones or have any debilitating injuries following a serious cycling accident.
- I started writing a book.
- I donated breastmilk to a family who adopted a baby boy.
- We attended Family Camp, which is an amazing free camp for families who have kids with heart defects.
- My sister in law got engaged and is buying a house with her hubby-to-be.
- Grampy got a job writing grants at a non-profit in Buffalo.
Monday, January 01, 2007
Good riddance, sort of
I couldn't be happier about saying good-bye to 2006. For the most part, it was an incredibly crappy year for the Mother in Chief household. Still, there were a few glimmers of goodness among the muck. So instead of dwelling on the muck, I'd like to point out a few goodies to be thankful for as I start 2007.